Monday, June 14, 2010

Toasted Pecans



This is one of my favorite recipes to make and give as gifts during the holidays!

Pour 4 cups of pecan halves (or almonds) onto a large baking pan, spreading them out evenly. Melt 1/2 cups of butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add 4 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of garlic salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce. Stir the liquid mixture and drizzle it over the nuts. Stir them just a little to make sure they are completely coated.

Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Stir them periodically to make sure they toast evenly.

Pour them onto paper towels to absorb any excess butter. Once cool, place them in an airtight storage container to keep them fresh until you are ready to serve or gift them.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love toasted pecans! I found your other blog through SITS. I love cooking so I figured I'd follow this blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make toasted pecans too! I use cinnamon, sugar, orange zest, cloves and nutmeg. (I have a bit of a sweet tooth!) We'll have to try your version next time. Thanks for the kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete